Destinations is one of the premier teen treatment centers in the country. Both our residential and outpatient programs are designed to support the whole family throughout their journey to sustainable wellbeing. By providing a quality safe-haven, a full range of treatments, and an uninterrupted education, we have one of the highest rates of success in the industry. Whether treating mental illness, addiction, or both, we pride ourselves in exceptional service and accessible care for the teen and their family. A foundational goal of treatment at Destinations is the sincere desire to help re-introduce clients to themselves, in a more loving way.
Destinations focuses on Family Systems Therapy at the core of our care. Family Systems Therapy is a form of psychotherapy that helps individuals resolve their problems in the context of the whole family. Each family member works together with the others to better understand their group dynamic and how their individual actions affect each other and the family unit as a whole. One of the most important premises of Family Systems Therapy is that what happens to one member of a family happens to everyone in the family.
Family Systems Therapy
At Destinations, we believe the entire family has a role in the recovery process. Our clients and their families receive family therapy every week. At the residential level, parents also receive a collateral family session. We also provide parent support and educational groups each week. Your child’s treatment team meets every week to collaborate on the best treatment methods in order to create an individualized plan specific to your family.
Our Core Values
We believe in doing what we say we’re going to do. We take pride in the work we do and how it affects the people we work with and the people we serve. As such, we do our best, from wherever we sit in the organization in an effort to speak truthfully, earn trust and maintain sincerity in our actions.
We believe commitment and effort is a direct result of caring deeply for and believing in the vision of the organization.
We believe in open-mindedness, sharing victories, acknowledging weaknesses and owning our strengths. It is this culture of vulnerability that fosters open communication across departments, leads to efficient processes and empowers us all to share in the responsibility we to have to our clients.
We believe in going above and beyond for our teens and their families. In order to do so, we commit to fostering healthy relationships with one another that fuel us to be able to serve our clientele in an accessible and unforgettable manner.
We believe exceptional care should be approachable and attainable for everyone. We do not believe an elitist mentality is a requirement in providing a high-quality experience.
We Are Here to Help
Delivering personalized programs for teens that address each individuals specific needs in treatment.
Destinations For Teens staff are actively getting vaccinated through the county and the hope is to have the majority of our staff vaccinated by the end of January, 2021. Destinations For Teens is likewise committed to educating staff to the benefits of vaccinating and to providing access to the vaccine to all employees. By minimizing the risk of transmission, Destinations For Teens is working hard to protect its clients, families and employees from contracting the COVID-19 virus.
A dedicated COVID-19 task force, including our Medical Director, Clinical Director and our Director of Nursing, provides written materials and verbal education and training to all staff. In the words of Dr. Baback Gabbay, Destinations For Teens Chief Medical Director, the message could not be simpler: "We are committed to the health and well-being of our patients and families. Our staff is committed to the CDC recommend cleaning protocols and have been fortunate to receive the Moderna or Pzifer Covid vaccine this week. Vaccination is important in order to help keep all our employees and the families we serve safe".
In addition to distributing vaccinations, Destinations For Teens facilities has implemented the following procedures for all in-person programs:
• Established a revised screening process for admissions, including questions about recent fevers, travel and mandated negative COVID-19 test results. Anyone who poses a risk to our centers will not be admitted.
• Implement active screening of residents and staff for fever and respiratory symptoms.
• Remind residents to practice social distancing and perform frequent hand hygiene.
• Screen all staff at the beginning of their shift for fever and respiratory symptoms.
• Actively take the staff’s temperature and document absence of shortness of breath, new or change in cough, and sore throat. If they are ill, have them put on a facemask and self-isolate at home.
• Destinations For Teens has revised how they interact with vendors and receiving supplies and equipment, and other non-health care providers (e.g., food delivery, etc.), and take necessary actions to prevent any potential transmission. For example, supply vendors transport supplies to dedicated locations versus inside of facilities.
• In lieu of in-person visits, facilities are offering alternative means of communication for people who would otherwise visit, such as virtual communications (phone, video-communication, etc.)
• Creating/increasing communication to update families, such as advising to not visit.
• Assigning staff as primary contact to families for inbound calls and conduct regular outbound calls to keep families up to date.