It’s commonly known that exercise can help many people manage their health. But did you know that exercise can be especially helpful for teens? Exercise therapy has several advantages that can help teens address physical and mental health concerns. The benefits of exercise therapy can include improved coordination, balance, muscle strength, and cardiovascular endurance. If someone you love requires an exercise therapy treatment program, contact us at 877.466.0620.
What Is Exercise Therapy?
Exercise therapy is a type of therapy that utilizes physical activity to enhance mood, cope with stress and improve overall well-being. It has effectively treated individuals with mental and physical health problems such as depression, anxiety, and addiction. Exercise therapy is an excellent way for teenagers to care for their emotional well-being. It includes many different activities that can be tailored to each individual’s needs. By participating in exercise therapy, teenagers can develop the skills and confidence to improve their self-esteem, manage stress, and enjoy life more fully.
Benefits of Exercise Therapy for Teens
Exercise therapy can be a powerful tool to help teenagers with their physical, emotional, and social development. Here are some of the top benefits of exercise therapy for teens:
- Greater mental health — Exercise has been proven to decrease stress levels and reduce depression symptoms in adolescents. Studies have shown that regular physical activity increases the production of endorphins and other hormones that help regulate mood.
- Improve physical health — Regular exercise helps boost overall physical health by increasing cardiovascular endurance, muscle strength, and flexibility. Exercise can also help reduce risk factors for various chronic conditions, such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease. It can also help teens with chronic pain or illnesses manage pain.
- Confidence boost — Exercise therapy encourages teens to set and work towards goals. This allows teens to build a sense of accomplishment and self-confidence.
- Social engagement — Exercise therapy also encourages teens to form relationships with peers, which can help to foster socialization skills.
Exercise therapy involves engaging in physical activities such as yoga, running, or horse riding to improve physical and mental health. Teenagers can benefit from exercise therapy programs specifically designed for them, which can help them discover the pleasure of being active.
Teen Exercise Therapy for Substance Use Disorder (SUD)
Exercise therapy is highly beneficial for teenagers who are dealing with addiction. It has been proven to decrease cravings and triggers and enhance their overall mental health. It can assist teenagers in managing their substance use disorder by teaching them helpful self-care habits, improving their capacity to handle stress, and motivating them to adopt healthier behaviors. Exercise can be beneficial for teenagers dealing with substance use disorders. Some examples of the advantages of exercise therapy for teens with substance use disorders include:
- Reducing cravings and triggers
- Increasing self-esteem and resilience
- Developing healthy coping habits
- Encouraging positive behaviors
- Finding hobbies and healthy outlets
Integrating a program for teenage exercise therapy into substance abuse recovery can significantly impact their lives. It’s a proven method of enhancing their physical and mental well-being while reducing the risk of relapse.
Experience the Benefits of Exercise Therapy with Destinations for Teens
Our team at Destination for Teens consists of specialists in teen exercise therapy treatment programs who can assist you or your teen in improving physical, mental, and emotional health using a collaborative approach. We aim to create a well-rounded treatment plan that addresses each teen’s unique needs by setting individualized goals, providing personalized coping techniques, and offering customized group activities. Our approach promotes emotional healing and enhancing physical wellness to help teens recover. To learn more about how our teen exercise therapy program can be helpful for your teen, please contact us today at 877.466.0620 to get in touch with Destinations for Teens.