There’s more to addiction and mental health treatment than just traditional therapy. In fact, many holistic therapy options such as yoga can aid people in recovery. However, what is yoga therapy, and what benefits does it offer? The more that you know, the easier that it is to understand why mental health centers incorporate it…
There is more to therapy than just sitting around and talking about feelings. In fact, holistic therapeutic options typically require people to get up and moving. Dance movement or dance therapy is one of these options. However, what is dance movement therapy, and how can it help teens overcome addiction and mental health disorders? What…
If you have ever made art, you might notice that it brings up emotion. You might get into a zone and become totally relaxed, or you can get completely frustrated and see your inner blockages rise to the surface. Whatever happens, you tend to feel differently when you finish than you did when you started.…
Destinations For Teens staff are actively getting vaccinated through the county and the hope is to have the majority of our staff vaccinated by the end of January, 2021. Destinations For Teens is likewise committed to educating staff to the benefits of vaccinating and to providing access to the vaccine to all employees. By minimizing the risk of transmission, Destinations For Teens is working hard to protect its clients, families and employees from contracting the COVID-19 virus.
A dedicated COVID-19 task force, including our Medical Director, Clinical Director and our Director of Nursing, provides written materials and verbal education and training to all staff. In the words of Dr. Baback Gabbay, Destinations For Teens Chief Medical Director, the message could not be simpler: "We are committed to the health and well-being of our patients and families. Our staff is committed to the CDC recommend cleaning protocols and have been fortunate to receive the Moderna or Pzifer Covid vaccine this week. Vaccination is important in order to help keep all our employees and the families we serve safe".
In addition to distributing vaccinations, Destinations For Teens facilities has implemented the following procedures for all in-person programs:
• Established a revised screening process for admissions, including questions about recent fevers, travel and mandated negative COVID-19 test results. Anyone who poses a risk to our centers will not be admitted.
• Implement active screening of residents and staff for fever and respiratory symptoms.
• Remind residents to practice social distancing and perform frequent hand hygiene.
• Screen all staff at the beginning of their shift for fever and respiratory symptoms.
• Actively take the staff’s temperature and document absence of shortness of breath, new or change in cough, and sore throat. If they are ill, have them put on a facemask and self-isolate at home.
• Destinations For Teens has revised how they interact with vendors and receiving supplies and equipment, and other non-health care providers (e.g., food delivery, etc.), and take necessary actions to prevent any potential transmission. For example, supply vendors transport supplies to dedicated locations versus inside of facilities.
• In lieu of in-person visits, facilities are offering alternative means of communication for people who would otherwise visit, such as virtual communications (phone, video-communication, etc.)
• Creating/increasing communication to update families, such as advising to not visit.
• Assigning staff as primary contact to families for inbound calls and conduct regular outbound calls to keep families up to date.