Destinations to Recovery is starting our very own Chef’s Corner, a place where parents can find healthy recipes for their hungry teens. This week’s recipe is the tantalizing spicy grilled shrimp wraps.
Things you’ll need for spicy grilled shrimp wraps:
- 1-2 lbs of uncooked shrimp, peeled
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of cayenne
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 head of lettuce
- Wooden skewers soaked in water for about an hour (or metal skewers if preferred)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the garlic, salt, paprika and cayenne.
- Next, pour fresh-squeezed lemon juice into the bowl and stir well.
- Then add the raw shrimp to the bowl.
- Toss well and let soak in marinade while preheating the grill.
- Place the marinated shrimp on skewers and grill 2-3 minutes per side over medium heat until opaque.
- Pull off large, curved lettuce leaves and add the shrimp, salsa and (optional) fresh avocado slices to each.
- Roll up and enjoy!
To learn more about our recipes, give us a call at 877-466-0620.