Being a teenager isn’t easy. Unfortunately, drugs that give energy and promote relaxation are often habit-forming. Not every teen who uses drugs develops an addiction, but many teens do. Peer pressure often plays a role when teens see others participating and want to feel a sense of belonging. Many teens cite the euphoric feeling associated with abusing drugs. Handling addiction, however, is overwhelming. Destinations for Teens provides teen drug addiction rehab programs to help adolescents fight their addiction—contact 877.466.0620 to learn about drug addiction treatment in California and start your teen on the road to recovery.
What Are the Signs of Drug Addiction in Teens?
According to the National Center for Drug Abuse Statistics, an estimated 86 percent of teenagers know of a peer who abuses drugs or alcohol during the school day. This is an alarming percentage for adults as we need to be aware of our teens’ behaviors. The teenage years are marked by tons of changes in physical appearance along with shifting emotions. While moodiness is common amongst teens, it is always important to pay attention to teen drug abuse or addiction warning signs. Here are some additional signs that your teen could be addicted to drugs:
- A loss of interest in activities
- Replacing old friends for a new group of friends that behave differently
- Aggressive and angry behavior
- Sleeping for long periods
- Breaking rules in your home, school, or community
- Experiencing sudden weight loss
- Frequent nosebleeds
- Bloodshot or watery eyes
- Having shakes or tremors
When teens are misusing prescription drugs or illegal drugs, the signs will usually be present. Destinations for Teens will support your teen through inpatient residential treatment programs, outpatient treatment, and even virtual programs. By seeking the assistance of medical professionals who specialize in drug addiction treatment, you will be supporting your teen’s journey to sobriety.
Seek Out Drug Addiction Treatment For Teens
Teenagers are experiencing many changes in their lives. Their bodies and minds are constantly transforming as they approach adulthood. That’s why teen drug rehab is so crucial to helping fight addiction. Drug addiction treatment programs designed specifically for teens will assist them in the detoxification process, recovery, and learning the tools to remain sober.
Drug Addiction Treatment in California
Teen drug rehab is necessary to help young adults fight their addictions and remain sober. Destinations for Teens provides drug addiction treatment at the following locations:
- Calenda Home provides treatment for teens between the ages of 12 and 17. Our residential treatment program will support teens with substance use disorder through dual diagnosis, therapeutic, and mental health treatment services.
- Cheney Home is a residential rehabilitation and treatment center working with teens impacted by substance use disorder and mental health disorders. Cheney House provides teen mental health treatment, substance abuse treatment, and therapeutic services. We emphasize the power of peer support and participation in activities.
- Hatteras House is also a residential rehabilitation and treatment center supporting teens with drug addiction and mental health conditions. Hatteras House focuses on teen mental health treatment, substance use disorder treatment, and therapeutic services.
- Woodland Hills provides teens with a sense of community through our partial hospitalization program (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). Located in San Fernando Valley, Woodland Hills also offers therapeutic services and teen mental health treatment.
Destinations for Teens: Teen Drug Rehab That Works
If your teen is struggling with a substance use disorder, it is time to seek help. Destinations for Teens inpatient and outpatient provides comprehensive drug addiction treatment throughout its centers in California. Our experienced medical staff will provide the support necessary to navigate detox, while our mental health professionals will guide teens through individual and group counseling sessions. Contact us at 877.466.0620 to begin an addiction treatment program.