[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Is your teen battling a substance use disorder? Have you tried outpatient treatment programs and just have not seen the changes necessary to help your teen live a healthier life? A residential treatment facility for teens is the solution. Destinations for Teens provides residential treatment for teens who need support in conquering substance abuse. The programs offered also help young adults learn to make necessary changes that will lead them to live healthier lives. If you are interested in learning more about our facilities, please reach out at 877.466.0620.
What Are Residential Treatment Facilities?
Residential treatment facilities provide teens with round-the-clock care and therapy while dealing with substance use disorders. Residential teen treatment programs typically last from 28 days to at least six months. During this time, teens will receive 24-hour care as well as one-on-one, family and/or group therapy programs. A few of these include:
- Individual therapy
- Teen support groups
- Therapeutic interventions
Why Are Residential Teen Treatment Programs Important?
Teens with substance use disorders need to become aware of the triggers that cause them to use drugs. In addition, they need to learn how to navigate these triggers so that they will not fall back into old habits. Residential programs take teens out of their home environment and place them in a supportive space that will help them learn and grow. Through a variety of treatment program options, residential treatment places teens in an affirming community where they are understood and encouraged to change.
What Should Be Expected from a Residential Treatment Program?
When a teen enters a residential treatment program, it is important to realize this is not a personal journey. Instead, all family members will be involved in the process. At Destinations for Teens, families are expected to commit at least 45 days to the treatment program. During this time, teens will: Be evaluated to understand their emotional, medical, behavioral, social, and education needs. Once an assessment is complete, steps will be taken to support these needs. You can expect the following at a good Los Angeles teen rehab:
- Receive an individualized treatment plan identifying specific interventions that will help them achieve their goals
- Attend individual and group therapy.
- Be supported by the family or community system. Family therapy is encouraged as it will support rebuilding relationships.
- Receive psychiatric care to address mental health needs
- Use restorative behavioral techniques to assist with socio-emotional issues.
Individual and Group Therapy
Psychiatric care coordinated by a child and adolescent psychiatrist or psychologist can make a big difference in treatment. There are many residential programs for young adults. However, you will need to research to understand which is the right program for your child. If you are ready to find a residential treatment facility for your teen, follow these tips:
- Consult with a mental health professional to identify suitable programs for your teen. Every teen is different and will need different approaches to support their substance use disorder.
- Identify programs that are licensed to provide care to adolescents
- Speak with other families and teens concerning their experiences
- Find programs that are close to your home. Teens need to feel that they are not being sent far away. Plus, there needs to be family and community support.
- Make sure that programs promote positivity and work to prevent aggressive behaviors.
- Interview staff members to understand the program and how your teen’s progress will be monitored. It is important that you feel comfortable with the mental health professionals as well as support staff. After all, they will be guiding your teen.
- Find programs that provide the specific types of therapies and treatments that your teen needs to reach sobriety.
Residential Drug Treatment for Teens
Helping teens fight substance use disorder is a commitment. It requires patience, honesty, and trust from parents, professionals at teen treatment programs, and of course, teenagers. If your teen needs support to fight their drug addiction, Destinations for Teens can help. Reach out to an experienced professional at 877.466.0620 to get your teen and your family back on track.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column][dt_fancy_separator separator_color=”accent” line_thickness=”1″][vc_column_text]References: Hardge, Carly Christine Ramirez, “A Comparison of Mental Health Service Providers and Their Services for Adolescents” (2021). Walden Dissertations and Doctoral Studies. 10719. https://scholarworks.waldenu.edu/dissertations/10719[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]