A teenager in pain cannot heal through sheer willpower, and mothers and fathers cannot parent from a place of fear. Destinations to Recovery exists to give you hope that any family fractured by addiction, trauma, or mental illness can be made whole again. Through our customized, holistic approach to treatment we are saving lives and rebuilding relationships every day.
At Destinations you become part of a community, a second family that will act as your support system long after you leave our facility. That renewed connection between loved ones and our commitment to long-term care is the reason we boast a reoccurrence rate of less than 5 percent. No matter the circumstances that led you to our doors, you must believe that there is a better future for you on the other side. Our alumni family is proof that there is a path to wellness, and it is one that you won’t have to walk alone.
These are the stories of individuals and families changed through Destinations. These alumni arrived here without hope, but soon thrived under our team treatment approach, and with our continued guidance and counsel they have changed the course of their lives.
It has been a journey but M is clean and sober. When she left Destinations, it wasn’t easy. She has made this transition on her own and we are quite proud of her. She has realized that her family is her support system and has been there through the thick and thin of it and always will be there for her. She has come to see the light. Destinations provided what she needed to start this recovery Journey.
Thank you for your hard work for my son. You guys are a god sent for us. I appreciate all you have done and continue to do.
She accomplished the unthinkable and to this day she wishes to continue to lead a sober life and has no desire to ever return to her previous life style. She has matured into such an incredible responsible young lady that you would hardly know her from then and now. All of this wouldn’t be possible if your team hadn’t intervened at the right time. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you did for my daughter.
He did remarkably well in his six months there and is truly in good shape again. You gave him a good start, and he was better when we left you. I’ve got my son back and am very grateful.
I just wanted to let you know how very much we appreciate having T with you guys. I have to tell you just how very impressed I am with the type of support he has had. We appreciate all of your work getting him in there.
Destinations pushed me to see things that I needed to see, it pushed me harder than I had pushed before and it was really hard but ended up being worth it.
Destinations was incredibly important in my recovery, I would say that I owe almost all of my recovery to them… I really found myself there… I found my passions, I found hope, I found reasons to live, reasons to get better. I love Destinations.
…one thing that Destinations really helped me with was teaching me how to manage my time and help with self-care… I also felt like everyone here, I felt that they genuinely cared about me so that helped me pick myself up and it helped me want to get better.
Destinations For Teens staff are actively getting vaccinated through the county and the hope is to have the majority of our staff vaccinated by the end of January, 2021. Destinations For Teens is likewise committed to educating staff to the benefits of vaccinating and to providing access to the vaccine to all employees. By minimizing the risk of transmission, Destinations For Teens is working hard to protect its clients, families and employees from contracting the COVID-19 virus.
A dedicated COVID-19 task force, including our Medical Director, Clinical Director and our Director of Nursing, provides written materials and verbal education and training to all staff. In the words of Dr. Baback Gabbay, Destinations For Teens Chief Medical Director, the message could not be simpler: "We are committed to the health and well-being of our patients and families. Our staff is committed to the CDC recommend cleaning protocols and have been fortunate to receive the Moderna or Pzifer Covid vaccine this week. Vaccination is important in order to help keep all our employees and the families we serve safe".
In addition to distributing vaccinations, Destinations For Teens facilities has implemented the following procedures for all in-person programs:
• Established a revised screening process for admissions, including questions about recent fevers, travel and mandated negative COVID-19 test results. Anyone who poses a risk to our centers will not be admitted.
• Implement active screening of residents and staff for fever and respiratory symptoms.
• Remind residents to practice social distancing and perform frequent hand hygiene.
• Screen all staff at the beginning of their shift for fever and respiratory symptoms.
• Actively take the staff’s temperature and document absence of shortness of breath, new or change in cough, and sore throat. If they are ill, have them put on a facemask and self-isolate at home.
• Destinations For Teens has revised how they interact with vendors and receiving supplies and equipment, and other non-health care providers (e.g., food delivery, etc.), and take necessary actions to prevent any potential transmission. For example, supply vendors transport supplies to dedicated locations versus inside of facilities.
• In lieu of in-person visits, facilities are offering alternative means of communication for people who would otherwise visit, such as virtual communications (phone, video-communication, etc.)
• Creating/increasing communication to update families, such as advising to not visit.
• Assigning staff as primary contact to families for inbound calls and conduct regular outbound calls to keep families up to date.